I’m so honored! And other things I might be lying about…
This post is dedicated to My Poop’s new best friend in the whole WP world, Hungry for Motherhood, who nominated my fair blog for a Liebster Award. I know! I have no idea what it is either! I’m so excited! I’m still excited, even though this was how she delivered the news of this [in?]auspicious honor:
I nominated you for a Liebster Award. It’s sorta like a blogger chain letter. Just FYI.
Hungry for Motherhood did some research [few minutes of intense Googling] on the Liebster Award, so to
steal borrow from her explanation: This is like a virtual hug a blogger gives another blogger, to keep them from jumping off the interwebs because no one else reads their blog.
But seriously! It’s a way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers, specifically those with fewer than 200 followers or so, give them a WP high five, promote them on their blogs, and maybe get to know them better through a series of potentially embarrassing questions [see below].
I started following Hungry for Motherhood…who knows why? But she talks about food and lots of everyday stuff, as well as her journey to motherhood. Now, I’ve never passed a mucus plug, and don’t know if I ever will [don’t tell my mom 😦 ], but I love being someone’s favorite aunt, and I keep a carseat in my trunk for spur-of-the-moment [non-creepy/kidnappery] capers. Why is she following me? Well, I’m kind of like a naughty child who loves bathroom humor, so maybe she’s using me to practice?
But, she wanted to get to know me better, and you get to come along for the ride:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I needed a place where I could have intelligent conversation…with myself. Plus, I work a lot, and tend to process my day when everyone else is asleep. This is a fun way to talk to other people, and see that other people are just as weird, confused, and just plain out of their minds. It’s comforting.
2. Is writing a passion for you or do you write for another reason?
I wouldn’t say it’s a passion. But since I don’t spend much time in my day talking about non work-related things, I think it’s important for me not to let my comic brilliance go to waste. The fact that I have so few followers is a testament to said brilliance.
3. What is the farthest from home you’ve ever traveled?
I’ve had so many addresses (11 in the last 17 years), I really can’t conceive of any one place as home. But to me, this isn’t sad. I like new places, even if it’s just a mile away. Plus, I’ve got lots of favorite places where I feel so at-home, I never feel unrooted.
4. Do you play a musical instrument or sing?
In middle school and high school, I played the alto & bass clarinet. I think it’s a beautiful instrument, but it’s a bitch to carry around for marching band. I do enjoy singing, and have dabbled in musical theater. But mostly, I like to entertain fellow drivers in traffic jams.
5. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging?
I love reading. I
love enjoy tolerate my job…seriously, I’m deeply fulfilled by my work in a community-based organization in NYC. But I do enjoy complaining about my job sometimes. I like off-off-off Broadway plays. And I love, love, love, brunch.
6. Have you ever flown a kite?
Yes. (I’m so glad the question wasn’t “Have you ever injured someone with a kite?”)
7. What is your favorite breakfast food?
8. Have you ever worn fishnet pantyhose? If not, would you?
I hate wearing hosiery of any kind. My feet hate winter.
9. Any pets?
Do stupid humans count?
10. What does the fox say?
‘Couldn’t they get Psy to sing my theme song?’
And to carry on the time-honored Liebster Award tradition, I
torture nominate a select few bloggers, in recognition of their all-around blogtastic-ness:
If the nominees (and any of our viewers playing at home) are so inclined, please feel free to bare your souls as part of your Liebster tradition….
1. How inclined are you to answer the rest of these questions?
2. Other than the Liebster Award, what’s the other most
preposterous meaningful distinction you’ve been given?
3. Trashy novel? Or Trashy tv show? Example, please.
4. Do you know the way to San Jose?
5. If you could sum up your life as a 1980s tv show, which show would that be?
6. If you had to debunk a childhood icon [Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc.] to an entire kindergarten class tomorrow, which would it be?
7. Toilet paper rolls: over? or under?
8. If you have a Facebook account, then answer this: If you had to, tomorrow, would you give up Facebook or your WordPress blog? If you don’t have Facebook, can you please tell me how you avoided it this long, and is it possible to live in a world without Grumpy Cat or George Takei?
9. What’s your go-to meal to cook?
10. What was the worst question of the 9 above?
(Andy Warhol image source)